[some Buglets] Squeak 2.4 & update from server question

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Wed Apr 21 23:21:40 UTC 1999

Hi Folks.

Squeak 2.4 is VERY cool.  Thanks!  Can't wait until I have more time to play
with it...

I have questions regarding the SqueakV2.sources file.  After I opened up the
latest 2.4 (thanks Andreas!), I tried to "update from server" and (I think)
this operation started to download all of the changes since 2.3 was
released!  This isn't quite what I expected.  Is this because my
SqueakV2.sources file doesn't contain the latest enhancements?

I am guessing that after a V2.4 source file is released this problem will go
away?

Thanks again!

---==> Chris

Here are some Squeak 2.4 Buglets (wish I had time to do more than just
report them):

[1]
*	From MVC:  open help menu and select "about this system"
*	causes a walkback ("attempt to index non-existent element in an
ordered collection")

[2]
*	Turn on the preference "use global flaps"
*	From MVC:  Create a new morphic project by selecting open>>project
(morphic)
*	Enter the project
*	Float your mouse over the left hand (Squeak) tab
*	causes a walkback ("attempt to index non-existent element in an
ordered collection")

[3]
*	In both MVC & Morphic
*	Bring up a System Browser
*	Select "Find Class" from the packages menu (upper left corner list
pane menu)
*	Type: 'tt' or some other non-existent class name and then press
enter
*	causes a walkback ("Message not understood: height")