A wrinkle in the release process

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Thu Apr 22 01:05:10 UTC 1999

Folks -

It turns out that the very last proceedure in the relase process failed, and so the released 2.4 image lacks a few minor updates and, most importantly, is not marked as 2.4.  This totally confuses the updates mechanism.

You may continue to enjoy your Squeak 2.4 if you have already fetched it, however...

I will immediately retract the existing 2.4 image and changes.

I will thereafter ASAP store out a 2.4a image and changes, and Mac archive.

I will then publish on this mail list an expression that you may execute in any 2.4 image which will cause it to behave properly with regard to automatic updates, including to advance its version automatically when you next update.

More to follow...

	- Dan