Windows MIDI utilizes software MIDI, not Mac

Maloney johnm at wdi.disney.com
Wed Feb 3 23:53:35 UTC 1999

Folks:

I'm thinking of taking a shot at connecting the Mac MIDI
primitives up to the QuickTime synth. I know that Jim Benson
and perhaps several other folks are also looking into this.
Let me know (privately) if you working on this so we can
coordinate. Thanks!

	-- John

P.S. By the way, regarding:
>you don't need to supply a duration. However, the routine:
>
>	NASetInstrumentNumber()
>
>seems to be missing from the copy of QuickTimeLib that I've got.
>(I'll try looking for for a newer version on the Apple web site.)

Never mind, it's in the latest QuickTime 3.3 from Apple. I
now have a small test program in C that exercises all the
key QuickTime calls.