Scrollbar preference idea

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Thu Feb 11 16:08:09 UTC 1999

>Where do I find the code that presents (pops up) scrollbars?  It would
>be great for slower machines to only activate the scrollbars when the
>content of a pane is scrollable.  This could also be added as a user
>preference.
>
>This seems like a fun and worthwhile project.

I agree.

Open... a selector finder, and type mouseEnter: in the topleft pane.  Choose the item below for mouseEnter:, and then select the occurrence on the right in ScrollPane.  Bingo -- you're browsing all the code to do with retractable scrollbars.

	- Dan

Extra credit: Make this work for the inboard scrollbar preference as well.