R.I.P. Byte

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Mon Jan 25 09:03:03 UTC 1999

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Stephen Pair wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone recommend good current publications (electronic or print)
> > that cover neat stuff in the spirit of the old BYTE?
>
> If you want to brush up your German as well as getting
> technically-oriented and detailed info, you might try
>
>   c't
>   magazin für computer und technik
>
> Snail mail subscription (don't forget to send via Air Mail, ground will
> take about six weeks):
>
> [snip]

Some articles are online at http://www.heise.de/ct/
A very nice feature of that mag is the annual "ct-rom" with all articles
of the year as hypertext. But then, I guess it's much more common for
Germans to read English texts than the other way around ;-)

Bert

--
 Bert Freudenberg                                            Department of
                                                            Simulation and