Documentation

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Wed Jun 9 06:26:53 UTC 1999

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Stephen Pope wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> It might be a help to outsiders if we put the entire source of Squeak
> on-line in a Web-friendly format. To this end, I wrote a cheap HTML
> manual writer that takes a list of class categories and dumps them in
> rough HTML for browsing. This would let more people see what Squeak's
> about. For an example, see
> http://www.create.ucsb.edu/Siren/Siren.Reference.html. (Click on a
> category to go to the class list, click on a class to see its
> definition, hierarchy, comment, methods, etc.)  The source code for this
> is in
> ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Squeak/goodies/STP12/STP12/System/Utilities-html.st.

Maybe someone wants to combine this stuff with my BrowserAction for PWS.
Have a look into a running Squeak at
	http://swiki.gsug.org/browse

It relies on JavaScript, still has problems with multiple server hits
(it's running Squeak2.2 - but there was no improvement yet, AFAIK). But it
does show highlighted source with left-arrows, which is extremely
important ;-)

Cheers,
/bert

--
 Bert Freudenberg                                       Department of
                                                        Simulation and