Why so few binary method selectors? (more proposal)

Ian Trudel ian at monk.cgocable.ca
Thu Mar 18 22:44:30 UTC 1999

That's a point, when we have to implement a long formula. Maybe should I
suggest to embed a kind of Equation editor. This equation editor could
either generate code for us or maybe could we add Mathematical syntax? Just
such nowaday's equation editor would let us do. It would be more significan
than stuff like ** and more readable than a lot of "raisedTo:". What do you
think about this?

						Ian

: ----------
: : De : stan at stanheckman.com
: : A : squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
: : Objet : Re: Why so few binary method selectors?
: : Date : jeudi 18 mars 1999 16:53
: :
: : Ward Cunningham <ward at c2.com> writes:
: : > Anyway, since I enjoy standing at the top of slippery slopes and
: looking
: : > down, let me ask the group a question. If we could have long binary
: : > method selectors, what would be the first one you would define, and
: what
: : > would it do?
: :
: : Very boring, I'm sure, but the first change I plan to make once I get
: : Dan's update is to allow ** in place of raisedTo:. I like "raisedTo"
: : if it appears only once in a line, but it makes long formulae somewhat
: : cluttered.
: :
: : --
: : Stan