Q: What makes Morphic slow? incl. [RFI]

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Mon Nov 22 15:55:35 UTC 1999

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:54:09 -0500 "Serg Koren" <serg at freewwweb.com> wrote:
>Why not build and then update once?  Or am I misunderstanding this?  All
>those redraws can't be good (in any case).

It really isn't drawing more than once. The problem is in MessageTally reporting BlockContexts as if they were MethodContexts. What looked like an entire method being called a zillion times is often a block within that method being invoked a lot. I have some code that offers a different view of this phenomenom that I will release in a few days.

Cheers,
Bob