example network apps?

Mark Morrissey markm at cse.ogi.edu
Fri Oct 29 16:17:28 UTC 1999

Does anyone have any example network programs in Squeak of which I could
get a copy? I haven't programmed in smalltalk in about 9 years, but since I
found that Squeak has network primitives, my old fascination with smalltalk
has been rekindled.

I teach graduate level network protocols and programming courses and would
like my students to see example frameworks for network programming from as
many different environments as possible. So if someone has some example
programs that they would be willing to share with me, I would appreciate it.

As a side note: under both WinNT and Solaris 2.7 (Squeak 2.5 and 2.6), I am
unable to get even the ping test to run. Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you,

--mark
---
Mark Morrissey            Director of Special Projects
markm at cse.ogi.edu         The Oregon Graduate Institute
(503) 748-7053            Department of Computer Science and Engineering