Spectrum Analyzer Morph

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at entrypoint.com
Fri Sep 24 20:42:49 UTC 1999

Yeah, I played with it as soon as I updated to it.  Same thing - got a lot
of people wondering if I'd lost my mind (again) due to the funny (-ier than
normal) noises.  You're right, it's pretty impressive considering the
nature of the environment.

However, after playing with it for about five minutes, switching various
options, the whole Squeak environment slowly ground to a halt, kinda like
continuous garbage collection.  I'll try and reproduce it and see if it was
coincidental.

Dan writes:

>Just Curious...
>
>Has anyone tried this out?  It's a lot of fun to play with and a
>significant piece of real-time software for a friendly,
>garbage-collecting, object-oriented language.
>
>Just get the 'new morph...' menu, and choose SpectrumAnalyzerMorph from
>the Widgets category.  Make sure you have a microphone hooked up, push
>'start', adjust the gain, and start making silly noises.
>
>Enjoy
>	- Dan

Duane Maxwell          dmaxwell (at) entrypoint.com
CTO                       http://www.entrypoint.com
EntryPoint                      (619) 578-8500 x226

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
     and not necessarily that of EntryPoint.