Reading Video from Squeak

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 27 17:30:25 UTC 2000

Sort of related to the Playing Movie Files thread...

The Connectix/Logitech QuickCam on the Mac connects up to the serial
port.  Squeak can read the serial port.  Has anybody figured out how
to grab frames off the QuickCam (or any other video source -- I'm
just interested in the QuickCam because it's cheap and serial)?  I
wandered Connectix and Logitech websites and didn't find any docs on
reading the signal.

Thanks!
Mark
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu