[BUG] 2.9a, global flaps got whacked?

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Sun Dec 17 18:27:22 UTC 2000

Hi Bob & company,

Unfortunately, I don't have that image handy at home and recently I learned
of a death in my family, so I may not be at work any time soon.

But I can tell you that I was working from one of Bruce O'Neil's releases of
the Windows image (maybe his last 2.9a release?).  And I regularly update my
changes when Dan Ingalls releases them.  So working back from Dan's update
notes will probably pinpoint where/when this problem got into the build.

I believe the problem is related to the AlignmentMorph changes, because they
happened shortly before I noticed the problems.

I can approximate how I found the problem.  Fortunately, since this is my
test pilot image, most of the code is baseline stuff.  This image does not
include much code of my own that was not posted to the list.  The changes I
made to this image are trivial, like setting the browser colors to white.

1.  Create your basic Morphic project.
2.  Turn on Global Flaps.
3.  Save and exit
4.  Launch again and update from server (up to the revs in Dan's e-mails)
5.  After each update, save and exit.

Sooner or later, you'll find that the menu tab in your Morphic project gets
all funny looking (the menu locations within the tab get screwed up).

Hope that was helpful!

---==> Chris