VM improvement: speeding up failing calls of functions inmissing modules

Andres Valloud sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Mon Feb 14 07:59:38 UTC 2000

Hi Andreas.

> You may ask how much of a difference this really makes. Well, how about
> this: I very recently switched to gcc for compiling the Windows VM.

There is also PGCC, a GCC compiler targeted specifically for Pentium
processors... it has been useful in emulation projects such as MAME,
and there was a guy that offered the PGCC compiled version instead of
the regular GCC one. The PGCC version usually was at least 10% faster.

I do not know much about C compilers neither GCC or
PGCC in particular, but perhaps this can be useful...

Andres.