Squeak license & CVSTProject

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:21:55 UTC 2000

Hi all!

Just found this page:

http://ntua.linuxberg.com/conhtml/dev_languages_smalltalk.html

It says (falsely I presume) that Squeak is GPLed. Perhaps someone should fix it!

Anyway, I wonder if someone could enlighten me on the license issues (if there are any) regarding
Squeak:

If I were to develop something that would be useful to bundle in the Squeak image - what license
can I use? GPL? LGPL? Artistic?

Another small announcement: The two miniprojects "SqueakCVS" and "CVSTProject" have merged (it
sounds like we are BIG, doesn't it? :-) which now makes us around five hundr... err, five
developers. But hey - on the bright side: This weekend I checked out a file from CVS using pure
Squeak code. Yiha.

Join us in our crusade for "marrying CVS and Smalltalk" (including Squeak, VW etc.):

http://cvstproj.sourceforge.net

  ...or at our swiki:

http://www.bluefish.se:8080/sqcvs.1

regards, Göran

PS. Yes, I know that I - du to my own silly pledge :-) - now have to come up with a Class Comment
(Go, go Dwight, you lead the race) - I just happen to have one at home waiting to be mailed... :-) DS

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
icq#:6136722, GSM: +46 709 472152, http://www.bluefish.se
"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win." -- Gandhi