Squeak (ST80) syntax

David Pennell dpennell at quallaby.com
Wed Feb 16 16:07:03 UTC 2000

> >   Which probably means I'm not really describing "implicit
> >   self" at all, but some special type of workspace where
> >   the creator plugs in the object that should receive
> >   messages typed into it.

I confess that I too was thrown by the need to include self in
front of messages in an inspector's code pane.

What if the 'self <message>' with <message> highlighted was
automatically added in the code pane of inspectors and explorers?

The language stays consistent and the tools guide novices
towards understanding.

-david