Locking layering?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Jan 16 21:18:42 UTC 2000

I'm building some complex bookmorphs, where a playfield contains a
giant SketchMorph on top of which I may have some active text morphs
(e.g., a MethodMorph).  While arranging things, if I miss the
textMorph and click on the SketchMorph, it zips up to the front, and
all the things in front are now behind and hard to reach.

Is there some way to freeze layering in Morphic so that this stops
happening?  I've tried lock, but that doesn't seem to be the right
thing.  I haven't tried embedding my text morphs into the
SketchMorph, but I'm thinking that might work.

Thanks for any advice!
   Mark
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu