Q about a Squeak Archeology problem

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Tue Jan 11 23:59:27 UTC 2000

Les Tyrrell wrote:
> I've scoured the web digging up as many of the Squeak releases as I can.
> Aside from a few gaps, one of the things that I've had a problem with
> is that the only copy of the 1.16 release I've found so far is corrupt.

I have a copy of the Linux Squeak 1.16, but I have just tried to run it and got
a segmentation fault. Of course, that happens with most old programs now that I
have upgraded my system so the files might be ok. Here is a listing of the
image directory:

total 5016
-rw-------   1 65534    65534     1407808 Jan 31  1997 Squeak1.16u.changes
-rw-------   1 65534    65534     1765664 Nov 18  1996 Squeak1.16u.image
-rw-------   2 65534    65534     1926023 Nov 13  1996 SqueakV1.sources

If nobody has a better alternative, I can email whatever files you want from
that release. Here are the versions I have in case you need any others:

   1.16, 1.18, 1.19b, 1.2, 1.21, 1.21c1, 1.22, 1.23, 1.3, 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5,
2.6, 2.1 for DOS and 1.21 for CE

Hmmmm... *now* I know why I ran out of disk space ;-)

-- Jecel