Digitalk (Re: New Smalltalk Book)

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Mon Jun 5 21:32:07 UTC 2000

At 23:07 +0200 6/5/00, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> > I remember that she was going to write a Smalltalk book
>> a few years ago, but it never happened.
>
>More information about this strange virtual book is available from
>Prentice Hall:
>http://vig.prenhall.com/acadbook/0,2581,0132061457,00.html
>
>Obviously something has gone really wrong here: they write:
>"describes the two major Smalltalk implementations: VisualWorks
>and Digitalk" and the whole third chapter is dealing with Digitalk...
>
>Andreas

Andreas:

That rings a bell; I knew I'd seen her name before as an author, and not on the Coad book either. I still can't find a copy of the book in hardcover, but my shelves are piled two deep; I'm convinced that I've seen it or had it or something...

If this 'new' book is a paperback reprint of one written many years ago, then one is tempted to ask why?

Dave
David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY