Squeak - a short overview (Bookmorph)

Hannes Hirzel Hannes_Hirzel at compuserve.com
Mon May 8 21:26:54 UTC 2000

Hi

The announcment of the overview bookmorph sounds very interesting.
I have been waiting for something like this - I mean a first example of a
probably comprehensive bookmorph. Thank you, Thorsten, for your effort.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to activate the overview bookmorph in Squeak.

- I downloaded
http://software.freepage.de/cronos/squeak/SqOverview.morph.gz
with IE 5.00 on Windows95

- In Squeak I opened a file list browser within a Morphic project and
located
 the file 'SqOverview.morph.gz'.

- I right-clicked on 'SqOverview.morph.gz' and selected the menu entry
'decompress to file'.

- I got the a debug window with the following method stack:

Error: Not a GZipped stream
GZipReadStream(Object)>>error:
GZipReadStream>>on:from:to:
GZipReadStream(InflateStream)>>on:
GZipReadStream class(PositionableStream class)>>on:
FileList>>saveGZipContents

Within the method

on: aCollection from: firstIndex to: lastIndex
        "Check the header of the GZIP stream."
        | method magic flags length |
        super on: aCollection from: firstIndex to: lastIndex.
        magic _ self nextBits: 16.
        (magic = GZipMagic)
                ifFalse:[^self error:'Not a GZipped stream'].

The value of 'magic' was 17959; the value of GZipMagic 35615.

- I am using Squeak2.8alpha with latest update: #2052.

What might cause this error? May I ask you for any suggestions.

Thank you

Hannes