Running on HP Jornada 548

aldel at alum.mit.edu aldel at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 18 01:55:57 UTC 2000

Thanks for the help, Bob.  I was able to avoid the crash by simply
changing Float>>truncated to always return 100 if the primitive fails.
So it's pretty clear that that primitive (51) is broken on the SH3 VM.
Maybe I'll try to dig into the VM source code a bit, although I
currently have no idea what to look for there.

Squeak no longer crashes (except when I try to save the image, but
that might be a memory limitation), but now I can't open a new window.
I actually noticed this before, when I tried to open the "Play With
Me" windows, but I thought I'd deal with one problem at a time.  What
happens is that the "Play With Me" bar animates itself up to the top
of the screen, then disappears, and then I just see the close button
and the minimize button from the title bar, and not the rest of the
window.  And those buttons don't respond; clicking on them just calls
up the main menu, as if I had clicked on the background.  I get a
similar result (sans the animation) if I try to move a window (which
formerly crashed the VM) or open a browser or workspace.  So how do I
debug this problem?

Also, I still don't know how to do a right- or middle-click or an
alt-keystroke.  Does the WinCE VM provide a way to do these when
there's no keyboard?

Thanks!

Alan deLespinasse