[Help] Squeak in K-8

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Sep 15 07:24:57 UTC 2000

Hi Alan

> Several of us at SqC have had extensive experience in the elementary
> grades -- and there is quite a bit lurking in the current Squeak
> that--with the appropriate added media and teacher guidance--can
> furnish many great experiences for youngsters.
>
> I am copying Kim Rose, who is the cognitive scientist in our group,
> and who helps design and does most of the major domoing of the
> experiments with children. She and one of the teachers we work
> with--BJ Conn--had a highly successful 5th grade experience this last
> Spring, and they are currently writing it up (in Squeak of course) to
> be published "pretty soon" on one of our experimental websites.

I would really like to have access to this material.
The current problem we have is to knwo what is possible. I would
really like to see examples so that we could dream also and make experiments.
The problem is that without seeing at east a starting point this is difficult
to know what you can do there are so much buttons  and stuff in Squeak!

Stef