Squeak Foundation suggestion

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Apr 14 23:58:55 UTC 2001

Sounds like some reasonable suggestions to me.

It sounds like things are still relatively up in the air as far as who might organize a foundation.  John M.'s report said that one or more people at SS on Wednesday mentioned interest, though.

Would a good next step be to set up a mailing list to help get all interested parties involved?  I suppose the foundation could just be discussed on this list, but that might be somewhat disruptive.  Karl suggested setting up a Swiki, but I don't think that would be sufficient for real discussion (although it could be a helpful supplement).

The mailing list could be public, or maybe semi-private (like the Camp Smalltalk list, which is still not too hard to get added to).

Anyway, I'm just throwing out some ideas, hoping that the momentum doesn't get lost.

By the way, I was also poking around the apache site for information on how they organize themselves... see http://www.apache.org/foundation/ .

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com