Microsoft removes Netscape support from IE; plug-in needsrewriting.

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Fri Aug 3 05:44:41 UTC 2001

> and who are Internet.com when they're at home? I'd be much more
> interested in results from Google, say.

I'm currently running a small online dating site
(http://www.lovebreeze.com/ - tell your single - or cheating married -
friends!), which is a good example of home use, though some of them sneak
peeks during the day from work.  Members across the US and Canada, clustered
in California, Texas, New York and Idaho (?), roughly bell-curve shaped
distribution from age 21 to 71, centered around age 40, roughly 60% male,
40% female.

Browsers:

Internet Explorer - 90.7%
Netscape - 6.9%
Other (WebTV, Opera, etc) - 2.4%

Operating Systems:

Windows (all versions) - 86.4%
MacOS (all versions) - 11.6%
Other (*nix, WebTV, etc) - 2.0%

Code Red - about 40 hits so far in the last two days, compared to 25 total
last month.

-- Duane