[ENH] Better Debugging (third round)

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Aug 3 09:07:40 UTC 2001

This might be a bug, an artifact of my filing in cs 3 before 1 and 2,
or some other peculiarity of my image.  But here's the report.

I go into a project and hit "newer" on the orange tab.  It finds a
newer one (Star Ants) and I click to update it.  This dumps me into
the emergency debugger.  Here's SqueakDebug.log--hmm, this does not
look like what I saw in the emergency debugger.  That showed some
errors concerning the debugger and undefined objects.

So perhaps the modified debug stuff and the remote project code have
some incompatibility.

3 August 2001 1:48:16 am
Error: key not found

VM: unix - Squeak3.0 of 4 February 2001 [latest update: #3446]
Image: Squeak3.1alpha [latest update: #4173]

SystemDictionary(Object)>>error:
SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>errorKeyNotFound
[] in SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>associationAt:
SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>associationAt:ifAbsent:
SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>associationAt:
[] in DiskProxy>>comeFullyUpOnReload:
Symbol class>>has!
Interned:ifTrue:
DiskProxy>>comeFullyUpOnReload:
SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>next
SmartRefStream(ReferenceStream)>>next
SmartRefStream>>next
SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>readArray
SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>next
SmartRefStream(ReferenceStream)>>next
SmartRefStream>>next
ImageSegment(Object)>>readDataFrom:size:
SmartRefStream>>readInstanceSize:clsname:refPosn:
SmartRefStream>>readShortInst
SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>next
SmartRefStream(ReferenceStream)>>next
SmartRefStream>>next
SmartRefStream>>scanFrom:
ObjectScanner>>scanFrom:
[] in RWBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in RWBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
ProgressInitiationException>>sendNotificationsTo:
[] in ComplexProgressIndicator>>withProgressDo:
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>handlerAction
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:fr!
om:to:during:
String>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
RWBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
RWBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileIn
RWBinaryOrTextStream(ReadWriteStream)>>fileInObjectAndCode
ProjectLoading class>>openName:stream:fromDirectory:withProjectView:
ProjectLoading class>>installRemoteNamed:from:named:in:
[] in Project>>loadFromServer:
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in ComplexProgressIndicator>>withProgressDo:
BlockContext>>on:do:
ComplexProgressIndicator>>withProgressDo:
Project>>loadFromServer:
Project>>loadFromServer
Project>>doArmsLengthCommand:
[] in Project>>armsLengthCommand:withDescription:
[] in DoCommandOnceMorph>>step
BlockContext>>on:do:
DoCommandOnceMorph>>step
DoCommandOnceMorph(Morph)>>stepAt: