bug in 3.1 alpha

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Aug 4 04:56:30 UTC 2001

On Friday, August 3, 2001, at 07:20 PM, Timothy Reaves wrote:

> 	Hello all.
>
> 	I'm running 3.1 alpha VM with a 3.0 image under SuSE.  I'm playing
> around and notice that when I bring up the appearence menu, select to
> keep the menu up, and play with changing the background, there is a bug.

Your subject mentions a bug in 3.1alpha... generally the version of the
image is more important than the version of the VM you're running.  In
other words, if you have a 3.0 image, you can consider yourself running
Squeak 3.0.  (The image is where the vast majority of (non-crashing)
bugs will occur. :) )

With the VM, usually the only important thing is that your VM version
should be the same as or more recent than the image version. (not
earlier)

> 	I first selected a different background color.  I then clicked
> 'use texture background...' which changed the background.  I then
> clicked it again.  This creates a MessageNotUnderstood: asColor
> exception.
>
> 	This is repeatable.
>
> 	If I select another background color between clicks on the
> texture, all is O.K.  It is just when it is clicked twice.
>
> 	Is this the proper way to report a bug with Squeak?

Yep!  Thanks for the report.  (Well, except you should include [BUG] in
the subject... it looks like you figured that out in your other report.
There are more details on how to report bugs/fixes in the Squeak FAQ on
the Swiki...)

- Doug Way
   dway at riskmetrics.com