Help! Unemployed

Galchin Vasili vngalchin at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 23:02:20 UTC 2001

--- albanread at mac.com wrote:
> Surely actual  jobs in smalltalk any spelling are
> very few and far
> between and Daniel would be better by
> far concentrating on something more commercial (VB,
> C++, Java) perhaps
> someone could advise Daniel on what realistic job
> would provide the best
> background for a smalltalk person.
> I mean those of you who hire people are looking for
> something.
> No one is Born with smalltalk experience (perhaps
> they are?)
> The underlying problem may be that no one on this
> list is in a position
> to hire anyone.
> It was a bit naff though. No one enjoys being out of
> work and people are
> losing their jobs every day.
> Anyone could be in the same position if the global
> economy does not
> recover.
     ^^^^ Bravo on last point!!!! One thing I will try
to do when I get job is secretly (because have too
much power) is hound HR department (political
komissars) to become more computer literate. With the
economy now in US, it is becoming a very serious
problem that HR people are total idiots. They simply
cannot read a resume spelled correctly or not!! Every
company is being hurt by this. I worked at Microsoft/
Hotmail for 1.5 years. Periodically, HR woman
would come down to Mountain View from Redmond and
we would have some "seminar" on interviewing. It
is exactly like political study sessions in good
old days in USSR. Contentless and run by idiots!

Vasili