[HELP] socket plugin for mac os x

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Dec 4 12:04:57 UTC 2001

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 05:32:07PM +0100, Giovanni Giorgi wrote:
> Excuse me,
> 	I'd like to get the SocketPlugin for carbon squeak (for mac os X 10.1).
> The plug in is needed for using some method of Socket class (see for
> example Socket>>primSocket: socketID receiveUDPDataInto: aStringOrByteArray
> startingAt: startIndex count: count in Squeak3.0)
> Where can I find it and the others plugins?

The SocketPlugin should be compiled inline. You can check which Plugins
are inlined by printing

     Smalltalk listBuiltinModules

You'l see that the SocketPlugin is allready there. No need to install
an adional Plugin.

> What is the latest-stable carbon VM?

I'm using Squeak 3.1Alpha1MTCarbon from
ftp://ftp.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/pub/Smalltalk/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.1beta/mac/Squeak3.1.1-mac-carbon-vm.sit

          Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org