[ENH] CelesteAddressBook

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 23:38:02 UTC 2001

Giovanni Giorgi wrote:

> from preamble:
>
> "Change Set:            CelesteAddressBook
> Date:                   10 December 2001
> Author:                 Giovanni Giorgi
>
> This is a smart  Address Book
> for Celeste. It can collect addresses from
> you email.
> This is the version Apha 1
> Try it with
> CelesteAddressBook open
> ciao ciao
> "!

This is _very_ ambitious! I'd have been quite happy with something like
Netscape's "do you want to add <cosina at fascistiboia.com> to your address
book". But your solution may well be better.

>From the code:

"Process the emails, trying to find them.
	Bug: the cc and to fields are hard to decode bacause they can contain
more
	than one item. For the meantime, the result is very ugly."

I have a Squeaking suspicion that I've seen code to do either this or
something very similar.
¿Anyone?

I often get "Contacts Processed: 0" which results in a walkback. If I
kill the debugger, kill the CelesteAddressBook and open a new one,
sometimes it'll proceed to run through all the contacts. Sometimes it
won't.

Fom the code:

aMenu add: 'Search....' action: #popUpAFastSearchBox.

I can't find any other reference to this! Am I missing something, or is
this simply not implemented yet? In any case, I get a walkback "method
not understood......"

(It looks like there is code both in the search menu of Celeste and of
BookMorph which could be hacked and used.)

Ciao for now

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211