File moving across directories seems inoperative

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 12 01:00:25 UTC 2001

Rik Fischer Smoody wrote:

> I use one form or another of Smalltalk for many things.
> Wanted to make a simple utility in Squeak to look for good stuff among the chaff of
> a scratch directory and *MOVE* it to another directory.
This is exactly the problem we had with the VMMaker. So far the best
workaround answer is the FileCopyPlugin we wrote to deal with it. You
might like to try grabbingthe VMMaker stuff from
http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas and see if it
makes any sense in your application.

Clearly, a more principled approach is needed sometime.

tim