[updates] 26 for 3.1alpha

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Feb 20 17:17:41 UTC 2001

Bob> - tell me where the file you were trying to load was (relative to the Squeak default directory, e.g.)?

In the default directory.

Bob> - tell me if there is a file by the same name in the Squeaklets directory?

Where's the Squeaklets directory?  I'm getting to this from "load
project from file..." on the world menu.  (Hmm, reading on, I think I
see where your headed... *no* I don't have a Squeaklets directory.)

Bob> - tell me the size of the file as reported by your OS?

123511 bytes

Bob> - in the debugger, in the context StandardFileStream(ReadWriteStream)>>asUnZippedStream, tell me what (self size) and (self position) evaluate to and whether, in fact, this file stream actually point to the file you were trying to load?

self size => 0
self position => 0

self's name is

'Randal Powerbook FW:Projects:Smalltalk:Squeak:Squeak3.0 Folder:Live:Squeaklets:Randal''s Play.001.pr'

And that's wrong.  I have no "Squeaklets" subfolder there.  Or anywhere,
for that matter.  The proper name was

'Randal Powerbook FW:Projects:Smalltalk:Squeak:Squeak3.0 Folder:Live:Randal''s Play.001.pr'