Colored Cursors - was: 3-button mice on Mac

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Sat Jan 27 11:00:25 UTC 2001

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> Is there a way to
> preserve the alpha channel so we could have nice prerendered
> antialiasing
> on fonts and easy masking for cursors etc ?

There already is prerendered aa, but this uses special blt modes rather than
the alpha channel. What I did with cursors was to take any given morph and
ask it to convert itself to a Form, then using that as a cursor. No problem
with transparency. Transparent aa for cursors, now that's a different cat to
skin. I think it would be too slow. Cursor drawing should be really fast.

Henrik