Morphic performance on handhelds

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 15 21:36:18 UTC 2001

Kevin Fisher wrote:
> This is a very subjective question...to anyone that's using Squeak on
> your handheld of choice, I ask:  How responsive does Morphic feel?
Since you're running on a machine about half as fast as my Acorn (until
we find solutions to the ARMlinux build problems - I managed to do some
more investigation over the weekend and it seems to be mis-optimisation
in some places) it will certainly feel very sluggish most of the time.
You'll also notice that the 3D stuff tends to be dismally slow since it
uses a lot of FP stuff and there is no hardware support.

tim