Building VM for Mac OS X

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 18 15:07:03 UTC 2001

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> is widely believed to have written:

> > There was talk a while back about using VMMaker to do builds for all
> > platforms.  Is there a solution that will allow a build of a Mac VM for OS
> > X?
> >
> John McIntosh has a CW-sourcetree that´s built with vmmaker. I plan to
> use vmmaker with my Mac/GCC tree (and with J3 on all plattforms).

There is a second generation VMMaker almost complete and just awaiting
some time to check it out on windows & unix before a proper release.
This version removes all the in-image literal-string-files to the
filesystem; apart from anything else that seems to reduce the image size
by half a megabyte.

It could still do with a nice UI though; volunteers please line up in my
mail queue.

tim
I'm so skeptical that I'm not sure I'm really a skeptic