[ANN] Lightweight Classifications

Roel Wuyts wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Wed May 2 09:56:17 UTC 2001

We recently implemented a lightweight classification model that allows to
classify any kind of objects (items) in generic 'bags' (classifications).

The actual idea stems from Koen De Hondt, who implemented it in VW and
constructed a very powerful browser on top. However, Stéphane Ducasse and I
wanted something much simpler, so we revised the model and the browser for
simplicity and came up with *lightweight classifications*. We also
implemented it in VW, and put a browser on top to show some of the
functionality of the model.

Of course we know that the current implementation is in VisualWorks.
However, the idea is to port the model to other Smalltalk dialects as well
(we or anybody interested). Therefore, if you think a model or a tool like
this is useful or interesting, or if you want to co-operate or port it: let
us know something!

If you are interested in more information take a look at the website at
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/lightweightClassifications/. There is
detailed information and links with more explanations of the features, some
screenshots to give you a feeling of the browser and the possibility to
download. Of course, any feedback or ports are welcome :-)

--
Roel Wuyts                    Programming Technology Lab
rwuyts at vub.ac.be              Vrije Universiteit Brussel