etoy space invader tutorial (alpha)

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 17:21:16 UTC 2001

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> I'v written up a tutorial with some of the knowledge I
> have accumulated about etoy scripting. It's not completed
> but it would be good to get some feedback at this stage...
> I'm not used to write tutorials and find it hard to get from
> the click-on-that-button-and-do-this stage to acutally teach.

A brave move, Karl (tutorials are so difficult and time consuming to
write)!

Just two initial thoughts: I've just taken a look and have yet to really
get down to it.

My first reaction was to put the GeeMail in a window (just to make it
easier to roll up -- I guess that most people will try to make the
project within the tutorial project).

My second was that some of the images are very unclear (I may be missing
something here, but making them bigger and smaller doesn't help with the
clarity.)

It's interesting that you used GeeMail as a way to present it where I'd
probably have used a book morph or maybe -- boring old traditionalist
that I am -- html within Scamper.

I'll go and have a nap and then see if I can follow the tutorial, but at
a glance, the instructions seem fine. I'm sure I'll learn something from
it!

Cheers

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep