CrLfFileStream

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Nov 18 20:21:09 UTC 2001

On another issue...

> This is currently not exactly so - as Lex mentioned, the files are
> written as text, so if you're using CrLfFileStream, you'll get slightly
> different contents. I've been bitten - currently have an old CrLfed
> message file I need to convert at some point to my current messages
> file.

You mean there are people who *don't* use CrLfFileStream?  :)  Honestly,
we should probably pick.  The people who use it and the people who don't
each annoy each other heavily -- the CrLfFileStream guys send out text
files that have non-Squeak line endings, and the StandardFileStream guys
write code that saves binary files in text mode all the time.

Anyway, you can use the qscat utility that comes with the Unix source to
convert files from Unix -> Squeak.  It's the inverse of sqcat, a nice
utility to have around.

You could also read the file in text mode and write it in binary.

-Lex