[ANN] Squeak RB release (and various issues)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at home.com
Fri Oct 5 23:46:00 UTC 2001

Hi Daniel,

> If you're filing into a clean image, you should file in all the files
> found in the addons page (including the ), then the model, then the UI.

    Is this another game ? Are you thinking of a number ;-)

    Seriously, where is the addons page and what should be included ?

> If you are seeing this error and the image you are loading into HAS the
> previous version, then it's a bug - please let me know.

    I think this is a bug. I loaded the 'Squeak RB' project (Sep. 28), then
filed in 'RBModel.cs', then 'RBUI.cs' and got the same error as for an image
without the previous 'Squeak RB' project.

>  It would help if you look at the context in
>
>     Compiler class>>evaluate:for:notifying:logged:
>
> which should show exactly what protocol is being defined on what class.

    Well, after my lesson in debugging '3 + 4' , I became almost an
'instant' expert in debugging (just like instant coffee, will dissolve right
away under the lightest rain of bug ;-).

    Anyway, I ventured into the debugger when encountered the walkback,
selecting (in the top pane) the line:

    Compiler class>>evaluate:for:notifying:logged:

The middle pane showed this method:

    evaluate: textOrString for: anObject notifying: aController logged:
logFlag

The bottom right pane showed:

    textOrString is: 'SelectorEnvironmentBrowser methodsFor: ''as yet
unclassified'' stamp: ''dvf 8/29/2001 01:02'''

    anObject is: nil.
    aController is: nil.
    logFlag is: false.
    val is: nil.