how to disable sound?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 10 00:14:07 UTC 2001

"Andreas Raab" <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de> is widely believed to have written:

> > > I haven't tried, but I think you need to go after sqNamedPrims.h.
> > > Delete all the lines that mention SoundPlugin.  It's not a
> > pleasant way.
> > > :|
> > Oh, yuck. Reminds me why I wrote VMMaker.
>
> But how would that help if people start from *C* source code rather than
> regenerating the VM as they should?! ;-) sqNamedPrims.h is always generated,
> isn't it?!
Actually that is a point that seems to need regular attention; people
keep forgetting that _nearly all_ the VM sources should be generated not
stored and edited. And of course, that is exactly what John & I & Craig
(& Rob!) have worked to make VMMaker good at. The 'edit text files'
mentality is really crippling software development.

tim

Strange OpCodes: LA: Lockout Access