space is low......

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 04:49:47 UTC 2001

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Monday 29 October 2001 08:04 pm, John Hinsley wrote:
> > Trying to save project as file with one of the Squeakland projects I get
> > "space is low...."
> >
> > kdf shows I've got 1.6Gb free! OK, so 90% is flying by the seat of the
> > pants on Linux, but 82.3% full?
> >
> > So where, exactly, is the space low? And how can I grow it?
>
> Unfortunately, the default memory maximum for Squeak is 20 megabytes. This
> isn't enough for many uses. It's better to specify a larger value with the
> -memory flag. However, I'm not sure how to do this with the plugin.

Yes, that would explain it: let's see, normally I run with 60Mb. I'd
always assumed that the plug-in "knew" how to grow memory. This is
associated (I think) with an error message from Netscape itself: input
event buffer overrun.

Ah well, Michael Rueger (from the pws list: I've been having plug-in
issues and tried to work my way round them most of the night) has just
requested the error logs. We might learn how to grow it.

Cheers

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep