space is low......

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Oct 30 05:00:10 UTC 2001

>On Monday 29 October 2001 08:04 pm, John Hinsley wrote:
>>  Trying to save project as file with one of the Squeakland projects I get
>>  "space is low...."
>>
>>  kdf shows I've got 1.6Gb free! OK, so 90% is flying by the seat of the
>>  pants on Linux, but 82.3% full?
>>
>>  So where, exactly, is the space low? And how can I grow it?
>
>Unfortunately, the default memory maximum for Squeak is 20 megabytes. This
>isn't enough for many uses. It's better to specify a larger value with the
>-memory flag. However, I'm not sure how to do this with the plugin.
>
>--
>Ned Konz
>currently: Stanwood, WA
>email:     ned at bike-nomad.com
>homepage:  http://bike-nomad.com

Well the macintosh plugin takes these values

At 1:22 PM -0700 9/27/00, John M McIntosh wrote:
>memory="+5"   //Allocate 5MB more than image size
>memory="*1.5" //Allocate 1.5 times image size
>memory="15"  //Allocate 15MB
>
>also
>memory="15000000" give 15 million bytes
>
>Other more exotic things like
memory="*2.0+15"  should also work (2x image size + 15MB)

But if you specified just memory=20 that's only 20mb, maybe you need
memory="+10" or something (ie 10mb free head room).

Of course this all depends on if the Linux plugin which I'm assuming
you are talking about actually does anything meaningful with the
memory tag.

Andreas gave me the original code to parse the tag, so I'm assuming
the windows version handles it correctly.