Are the translations used? (Re: [ENH] In Dutch)

Rudi Angela olmeca at netscape.net
Tue Apr 16 11:47:25 UTC 2002

>I wonder if anyone uses these translations... Hey, you EToy-guys! Have
>these
>translations been of any use? (I did one for Swedish)
>
>regards, Göran

I'm extremely pleased to hear there is a Dutch translation!! Cees, thanks a lot!!! I am currently working on a pilot project that will introduce Squeak to Dutch schools. The aim of the pilot is to develop an application that enables kids to make 'living books' that are composed of graphics, animations and sounds. If the pilot turns out to be a success, more applications will be developed with Squeak. This will also involve usage of EToys by kids. One of the prerequisites was that there be a Dutch translation for EToys. Now that this is a fact I see a bright future for Squeak in Dutch schools.

I haven't had a look at this Dutch translation, as I'm up to my ears in delivering the pilot app. But I was wondering if there is any way of making Squeak multi-lingual, more or less analogous to the way it is implemented in MacOSX. Note, I'm not only talking EToys! Does anyone on this list have ideas on how to tackle this problem?

Rudi Angela