RFD II : synchronize newsgroup and mailing-list ?

Gary Fisher gafisher at sprynet.com
Sat Apr 20 15:59:23 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Samir Saidani" <saidani at info.unicaen.fr>

> I thought about another solution : synchronize mailing-list and
> newsgroup (cf. the gnus newsgroups, aka ding list). With this
> solution, you can stay in the mailing-list and people who are fed up
> with the large traffic can consult the newsgroup. Moreover, it's
> possible to anyone to answer to an old question, even if you have not
> subscribed to the list and even if you miss this question after your
> subscription.
>
> Samir

Samir;

List subscribers who don't like the brisk pace of traffic can subscribe to
the digest, and the archive of the entire list,
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/ goes all the way
back to <ahem> 1904 <g> so old questions (and answers) are always available.
I'm just not convinced a newsgroup would add anything of substance, even in
parallel with the email list.

Cordially,

Gary