Swiki pollution...

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 14:28:18 UTC 2002

--- Mark Guzdial <guzdial at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 05:02  AM,
> goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
> wrote:
> > Ok guys, what are we going to do with all the
> "pollution" on the Swiki?
> >
> > And now I am NOT talking about MP3 uploads etc -
> that is actually a
> > rather harmless problem, I am talking about
> clueless people using it for
> > completely other things than Squeak:

I am wondering where's our limit on that matter.
Until now, it's been relatively harmless : a few MP3,
a few JPG, etc.

Will we wait until a swiki becomes a child pornography
JPG exchange site or wait until people start uploading
copies of cracked software or...

I mean we'd better start thinking seriously about that
pollution issue before we're faced with a serious
problem we have to deal with rapidly...

Just my 2 cents.

=====
Benoit St-Jean