SqueakScript only needs a Dos window

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Mon Aug 26 05:23:10 UTC 2002

Tim,

> > Deeper cut would be needed to prevent 'WindowPlugin' from being loaded
when
> > headless image like 'TestSQS.image' is run.
> Take a look at the Acorn code in sqRPCWindows.c - it doesn't open an
> OSwindow until it needs to.

    This sounds OK, but there may be a little hesitation at first draw.

> > BTW, if you are listening, Andreas, how do I list loaded modules ?
> Smalltalk listLoadedModules provides a list of the modules (both
> internal and external) that have been loaded - note that an internal
> modules can be not-yet-loaded.

    Yeah, I know this trick for the normal image, but SqueakScript is not
normal.
    It's super-normal :-) I guess it needs a  different incantation.

    BTW, Tim, did you have a look at MobVM ? Do you have any suggestion or
advices regarding the partition of variables and routines among
ObjectMemoryPlugin, InterpreterPlugin and PrimitivesPlugin (hmm, there is
also a MiscPrimitivesPlugin !) ?

    And any other comments are very much welcome.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.