[ANN] v3 of StarBrowser registered on SqueakMap: try it!

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Sun Dec 1 08:00:18 UTC 2002

Ned,

>>     1/- Are the bitmaps for the toolbar buttons a bit out of
>> proportion ?

> With respect to what?

    wrt the flipping triangle.

    As you said, it depends on the screen resolution.

    For my system using 1280x1024, a smaller size
    would look nicer. Again, this is strictly cosmetics.

> And I will be adding the categories to the SqueakMap support, so the
> StarBrowser will fully replace:

> * PackagePanel (DVS tool)
> * CategoricalSMLoader
> * SMLoader
>
> etc...

    Glad to know that you are planning these.

    At less than 100 packages, SMLoader already looks crammed.

    I guess CategoricalSMLoader would greatly help.
    (Hey, how do I bring up this browser ;-)

    At the current growth rate, SqueakMap will host
    thousands packages in no time ;-)

> Any more ideas or desires?

    What about an instance browser,  when you select a class,
    it will show all instances of that class, then you drill down
    on each instance. Do we already have something like tis ?

    Ultimately, the truly Squeak(Class)Map browser, it shows
    class dependency. That would do wonders together with
    DVS tools, RB and SpaghettiTracer.

    Please keep up with the good work.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.