[ANN] StarBrowser v4 on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Dec 6 16:44:12 UTC 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 08:35 am, Stephen Pair wrote:
> Thanks Ned (and Roel)!  This is really nice.
>
> Couple of things that would be neat to add to this:
>
>   - Drag-n-Drop of SMLoader packages into the Star Browser

You can see a full categorized SM tree using the window menu. ("add
SqueakMap packages"). This supports drag'n'drop within and between
StarBrowsers. Could add the filtering, but there's probably an easier
way using a different expression.

>   - Whisker Brower's (by Doug Way) ability to to multiple
> selections (and automatically divide up the real estate)

Well, there's the problem of multi-selections vs. the "current
selection" menu. I don't really like the multi-selection list that's
currently in Squeak, as it has both a single selection that it
inherits from PluggableListMorph and multiple selections. These are
maintained separately, so it's possible to have an item selected that
isn't in the selections if you aren't careful (though this is
probably impossible by hand). The user interface is a more than a bit
confusing.

However, I suppose if I used the existing support the menu could
relate to the "current selection" (i.e. the last thing clicked on).

The SubWindow would let me subdivide the editor area (that is, I could
add more SubWindows to the right side).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com