[WinCE] Release candidate VM for PocketPC (iPAQ)

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Sun Dec 8 02:30:10 UTC 2002

Hi Yoshiki,

It sounds like this problem is more complicated then I expected!

With a Genie enabled image on my desktop, this is what happens:
(1) Click to position cursor (insertion point)
(2) Draw letter
(3) Blue hand-drawn letter dissapears, typed letter appears at insertion
point

When I transfer my image to my iPaq, this happens:
(1) Tap to position cursor
(2) Draw letter
(3) Blue hand-drawn letter dissapears, as do half of the letters on the
screen, typed letter appears at insertion point

I think what is happening is that instead of inserting a character, I am
highlighting characters from the insertion point to the start of my
handwriting, then replacing those characters with the (newly recognised)
character.  You can see this behaviour if you try to edit a block of
text; it is not noticable if you try to add characters to the end of a
piece of text.

Maybe this too is a timing problem?

Cheers,

Russell