Compact class bits ([SqF]Report of VI4 Project for Feb '02)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 6 01:14:15 UTC 2002

Anthony Hannan <ajh18 at cornell.edu> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> The VM hard codes certain compact class indexes for speed (avoiding
> special objects lookup).  See Interpreter >> #isContextHeader: and its
> senders.
Good catch. So in that case I think one could profile quite adequately
without bothering to uncompact compiled & block contexts and methods -
since the time cost is more or less gone anyway. The space cost can
obviously be infered reasonably well.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- APRES MOE LE DELUGE - Larry and Curly get wet