Possibly silly (newbie) question about "plap: X" = "plap(X)"

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Feb 15 18:37:21 UTC 2002

On Friday 15 February 2002 10:15 am, Maarten Maartensz wrote:

> Having updated recently from 3.0 to 3.3alpha #4664 I notice that earlier
> stuff sent to Transcript with "show: 'Text' " doesn't work anymore, while
> "Transcript show ('Text') does. Also, if one finds "Transcripter" one also
> finds it lists "show:" in the rightmost upper pane that list the methods,
> but displays "show (anObject)" in the code pane.

Are you opening a new Transcript from the World menu or are you dragging one
out from the Tools flap.

In a 4744 image, I have no problem with Transcript show: 'Text'
but I recall there were some problems with the Transcript gotten from the
Tools flap.

How does

Transcript show

even work? Transcript doesn't understand #show.
And

Transcript show ('text')

doesn't even compile, as its syntax is not proper.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com