search/replace problems

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Jan 3 20:04:10 UTC 2002

I am noticing erratic behavior of the first four choices (find/find
again/set search string/do it again) on the operations menu in
workspaces at revision #4599.

In a workspace I find a string and then type in a replacement.  The I
do the do it again item.  This deleted the next occurrence, but did
not replace it.

Sometimes I get replacement, but the text is bold face (or perhaps
it's just a larger font).

Sometimes the find again item doesn't work, even if I set the search
stream.

Once find again would go to the next occurrence and delete it.

I'm not completely sure how these operations are supposed to work.  I
thought the search and replace recipe was find, type in replacement,
and execute do it again.  Also, there might be something screwy with
my image (though I've tried in a relatively clean one.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?